The same Stay Safe course taken by hundreds of Canadian kids is now available in a virtual classroom! We welcome participants from across Canada to join this live, instructor-led Zoom class. Please note the following information - all times are in Mountain Time (Edmonton time zone), please double check your time zone before registering:
- Ages 9-11
- We do all the teaching!
- Great use of time while at home; a valuable addition to a homeschooling program
- Live and interactive instructor-led program
- Stay Safe workbook to be sent via Canada Post at registration
- Kids learn a variety of age appropriate first aid skills, in addition to neighborhood and community safety, internet safety, fire prevention and safety, responsibility, stranger danger, and much more!
- Stay Safe manual
- A device capable of running Zoom with audio and video (microphone required); laptops are recommended
- Stable Internet connection
- A second device such as a smartphone or tablet is not required but ideal for some activities and games
- A responsible adult must be home with the child for safety (do not have to be on camera)
- Other materials: a stuffy or doll, materials to improvise bandaging, basic school supplies like pencils and markers, handwashing supplies (warm water, soap, towel) and a sticky substance like jam or honey
Participants receive a Red Cross Stay Safe! course certificate on successful completion.
Please register at least one week in advance of your course so your manual can be mailed to you. Course is NON REFUNDABLE once materials have been sent.