Online Fire Safety Course
Course Overview:Fire Safety teaches participants about the legislated fire safety responsibilities of the employer and the worker, describes safe work practices related to fire prevention, and provides practical information about emergency response in situations involving fire.
Who Should Take the Course?This course is appropriate for all workplace parties, including frontline workers, supervisors, and management. Everyone in the workplace needs to understand the principles of fire safety and how to respond effectively in the event of a fire.
Course Objectives:Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain how the issue of fire safety is addressed by occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation in Canada and identify the fire safety responsibilities of employers and those of workers
- Describe safe work practices that can reduce the risk of fire
- Know what to do in the event of a fire
- Recognize fire-related situations in which the use of a fire extinguisher is appropriate and situations in which it is best to evacuate rather than try to put out the fire
- Identify the types of extinguishers, and the classes of fire that can be put out using each type of extinguisher
- Know how to use a fire extinguisher
- Understand the maintenance and servicing requirements related to fire extinguishers