Live Virtual Red Cross Babysitter Course
We welcome students from across Canada to learn basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. Course also offers youth the training to promote themselves as a babysitter to prospective parents.
This live virtual course is run via Zoom. To participate, youth will need the following materials available:
- Device with audio and camera (smartphone, tablet, iPad, laptop) with reliable internet connection
- A second device is ideal but not mandatory
- Access to Zoom web conference platform
- Several apps (all are free): Kahoot, Quizlet, ClassDojo, Red Cross First Aid
- A teddy bear or doll from home (preferably similar in size to a baby - required for skill demonstration)
- For safety reasons and to assist with some first aid skill practice, an adult must be on site with the learner (they do not need to be in the video but must be available to help when needed)
- Video and audio must be left ON
- Paper, pencils, markers, etc (usual school supplies)
- Improvising materials for bandaging and baby care (common household items, a list will be provided)
- Babysitter Manual (sent by Canada Post)
Each student will need their own email address to receive their certificate (due to system requirements, this email address cannot be a parent's email, each student needs their own unique email address).
Please note the course is NON REFUNDABLE once materials have been sent.
Looking for a date not listed? We take requests for groups of 6 or more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a group booking.