Zoom First Aid & Safety Course for Kids
Welcome to the First Aid & Safety Course for Kids!
This course, intended for ages 8-10, will help kids learn how to be safe and responsible when they are on their own and with others. They will learn to look for safety at home and in the neighborhood, how to be prepared for emergencies, what to do if someone comes to the door or the phone rings, and an introduction to first aid skills.
Class will be run over 5 consecutive days, 1.5 hours for the first day and 1 hour per day following.
- Device with Internet, audio, and video, capable of running Zoom (laptop, tablet or smartphone usually works well) - video must be left on during the program
- A secondary device available during the class time with the below apps installed would be ideal; if not possible to have two devices that's ok too
- General school and craft supplies - paper, pencils, markers, etc
- Items to improvise bandaging, such as towels and pillowcases
- 3-4 bandaids; other first aid supplies optional
- A pair of disposable gloves or other thin, stretchy gloves
- A responsible person must be close by (does not have to be on camera) to supervise and give the child any assistance needed and to help practice first aid skills
- Canadian Red Cross First Aid app
Looking for a date not listed? We take requests for groups of 8 or more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a group booking.
Looking for training for ages 11 and up? Check out https://aurora-training-corp.myshopify.com/products/live-virtual-red-cross-babysitter-course