BLS Provider (CPR AED HCP Heart & Stroke Foundation)
Course Update Information - BLS Provider (previously known as CPR/AED HCP level C)
The BLS course focuses on building knowledge so you are confident and ready to perform high-quality CPR in a wide variety of settings. The course covers:
- Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer / 2-rescuer CPR
- High-quality chest compressions with a feedback device
- Multi-rescuer team CPR
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and relief of choking
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device and bag-mask device
- EXPANDED: Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- NEW: Role of the CPR coach; Maternal cardiac arrest; Anaphylaxis; Drowning; Heart attack and stroke; and, Other life-threatening emergencies
Classes will be held at 221 Tundra Drive in the Westwood School Complex, next to the YMCA. Contact us at 780-792-1535 if you have any question about your class location.
Please note effective Sept 1, 2020 a $25 cancellation/rebook fee will apply to all BLS courses (except for reasons of covid-19 symptoms or exposure).
For more information on this course, please visit https://resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca/courses/bls/description .