Red Cross Babysitting Course
Basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11–15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. Course also offers youth the training to promote themselves as a babysitter to prospective parents.
This class does not include lunch. Please pack a lunch and snacks. We do not permit children to leave to buy food unless a parent gives written permission.
• How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
• How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
• Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
• How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
• How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
• First aid skills (including: Check Call Care, choking, severe bleeding, minor cuts and scrapes, Epi-Pen, asthma, and more)
• The business of babysitting
Babysitter’s Manual, Completion certificate
Course length: 7 hours (approximately) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm **Please note as of January 1 2018, the class time will change to 8:30-4:30**
Class size:minimum 4, maximum 15 participants
Course location: 29-9914 Morrison Street (bottom level, Morrison Centre)
**When registering, please enter the child's name in the Shopping Cart field "Add a note to your order" **
Please download and fill out the documents at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0815/8139/files/Kids_Consent_Form.pdf?12500940956956473508 and https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0815/8139/files/Kids_Information_Form.pdf?12500940956956473508 , and email to email@example.com before the course.