Psychological First Aid Instructor Course
Psychological First Aid Instructors support the delivery of our Psychological First Aid course. Candidates will develop competencies in facilitating case-based learning, and how to support learners in understanding a resiliency-building approach to emotional, psychological, and social wellbeing.
Audience: Instructors who wish to deliver the Psychological First Aid classroom-based course.
Duration - Classroom: 14 hours
Instructor - Certified Red Cross Psychological First Aid Instructor Trainer
• 18 years of age
• Fundamentals of Instruction (online and in-class)
• Psychological First Aid certification
Attend and participate in 100% of the course. A post-course, competency-based teaching experience with the support of a Teaching Experience Supervisor may be required.
Psychological First Aid Instructor certificate is available for download upon successful completion of training and is valid for 3 years.
• Loss, stress, and grief and how they affect us
• Psychological First Aid
• How to facilitate problem-based/case study learning
• Selecting, planning and facilitating an activity
• Instructor Guide – Psychological First Aid
• Psychological First Aid Workbook (digital and/or print)
• Media Presentation
• Look, Listen, Link, Live cards
• Online instructional resources on Boulevard